Fine Art Juried Art Show
Call for Artists and Application
All work must be original. Prints and giclees of original art are acceptable for sale. An exhibit fee, along with four images of your work, must accompany your application. If your entry is not accepted your fee will be returned. If you are accepted and fail to participate in the show, your fee will not be refunded. All juried art show entries will be reviewed for acceptance into the art show by the Waxhaw Kaleidoscope Fest Art Jury using the images sent in with your application. Juried art show participants will be eligible for cash prizes. Awards will be selected from the original works of art on display at the event. The exhibition venue, upon viewing, reserves the right to eliminate from the exhibition any work for any reason.
Best in Show = $750
Award of Excellence = $500
Judges Choice 2D (4 awards) = $350, $300, $250, $200
Judges Choice 3D (4 awards) = $350, $300, $250, $200
Merit Awards 2D (3 awards) = $100, $75, $50
Merit Awards 3D (3 awards) = $100, $75, $50
- We recruit at least one street juror schooled in the arts from outside of Waxhaw to judge the juried art show.
- Juried exhibits should be ready to be judged one half hour after show start.
- Exhibits will be judged Saturday and monetary awards presented Sunday.
- Exhibits will be judged on original work only not on prints and giclees although they are acceptable for sale.
- Exhibits will be judged on work overall, not on one specific piece.
- Work will be judged on composition/design, command of medium, technique, expression and presentation. Booth appearance will enter into the judging criteria.
- The idea of a juried show is for the street juror to pick what he/she likes and feels meets his/her idea of good work on that day, or something that speaks to him/her emotionally, or offers a new perspective. If your work was not accepted, you should never consider this as a rejection of your ability to create. Many pieces of art are declined by a juror one day and accepted another day by a different juror for another show.
- DUE TO THE NUMBER OF ARTISTS AND JUDGING TIME CONSTRAINTS, WE CANNOT ALLOW ARTISTS TO CONVERSE WITH THE JUDGE DURING THE JUDGING PROCESS. PLEASE REFRAIN.