Main Street News
Transportation Alternatives Program Grant: The Town is planning $1,000,000 in pedestrian and bicycle improvements for downtown Waxhaw. This is made possible by a 50/50 matching grant from NCDOT and the Federal Government.
- Design Contract: The Town has executed a contract with Gresham Smith & Partners for Design and Engineering Services for the TAP grant.
- TAP Grant Engagement Meetings: Several community engagement meetings were held during the month of June for downtown business and property owners related to the coming improvements. Feedback was gathered and will be used to help inform the design.
- Create a network of pedestrian friendly streets through implementation of the TAP Grant.
- Determine the role of the Waxhaw Farmers’ Market downtown.
- Identify a long-term strategy for the use, maintenance, or sale of town-owned real estate.
- Southern Specialties, located at 113 W. S. Main Street, is a locally owned retail boutique.
- David Upchurch Realty, located at 100 E. S. Main Street, is a local real estate office.
- Sospeso Coffee, located at 216 W. N. Main Street, is a local coffee roaster and tasting room.
- McDonald Street
- Price Street
- Bivens Street