A message from Officer Scarfone
As a police officer, I enforce all laws that all police officers enforce, including responding to calls, taking reports and conducting investigations. However, my main focus is on Animal Control. Animal Control is about keeping people and animals safe. The leash law, tethering violations and bite reports are my most common calls dealing with dogs. I also deal with complaints about excessive barking or aggressive dogs, and feral or stray cats. I have also investigated several incidents of animal cruelty such as physical abuse, starvation and/or denying medical care to an animal in need. Although not a certified wildlife officer, I receive some calls about wildlife. Educating the public on laws, vaccinations and spaying and neutering their pets is crucial to the well-being of animals and citizens. See helpful links below for awareness of our town ordinances and state laws dealing with animals that I enforce.
- N.C. Animal Rabies Control Association - www.ncarca.org
- Union County Animal Services - http://sheriff.co.union.nc.us/animalctrl.aspx
- The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals - www.aspca.org
- U.S. Humane Society - www.humanesociety.org
- N.C. Wildlife - www.ncwildlife.org
- Wild Animals - Wild Animal Information
Waxhaw Animal Control Ordinance
Please click the link below to view the Waxhaw Dog License Brochure.
Dog License Brochure