2020/2021 Leaf Vacuuming Program
Monday, November 2, 2020 until Thursday, January 28, 2021
Leaves will be vacuumed on Mondays through Thursdays. Due to other obligations, vacuuming will NOT be conducted on Fridays. Each street throughout the town will be vacuumed and then we will start the process again. Routes may vary. Due to the number of homes in the town and the volume of leaves, it may be several weeks between stops at your address.
In order to assist us in making this program more efficient and timely, please refer to the following:
- Piles should consist of leaves only. Limbs, rocks and other items damage vacuum machines and equipment. If these are observed within your piles of leaves, they will not be vacuumed.
- Leaf piles must be raked to the edge of the street. Equipment cannot reach piles that are not adjacent to the street.
- Please DO NOT place leaves in ditches or into storm drains. This leads to storm drain blockages.
- Please allow room for our large equipment. DO NOT park on or near leaf piles. If this occurs, the leaves will not be vacuumed.
- Vacuuming service will be suspended on inclement weather days but will resume as soon as weather permits.
- Please understand, you do not have to call to inform us that you have left the leaves in front of your home. We are working as quickly as possible to collect all of them. We have over 6500 homes to service. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we work to conduct this service in a timely manner.
If you have questions, please call the Public Services Department @ 704-843-7439.